Dear Parents of Mountain View High School,
Last Here’s What’s Bruin of the year. I want to say good-bye to Mr. Derek Elison my assistant principal. He has been a great support to me this year. I want to welcome Mr. Justin Keetch and Mrs. Tamara Stuart who will be assistants next year. Mrs. Stuart has been in education for over 15 years and taught here this year. Mr. Keetch has been in Alpine District for 29 years with a myriad of responsibilities. Welcome Mr. Keetch and Mrs. Stuart!
Here’s What’s Bruin
1) Congratulations to A Capella and Con Brio Choir. At the State High School Choir Festival they both received straight Superior ratings. This is an accomplishment to be proud of and comes after months of dedicated work on the part of both students and director.
2) Big congratulations to our own Danielle Hess. She was 2018 Miss Orem Outstanding Teen. Go Danielle.
3) Don’t forget the end of year dance on Tuesday, May 29, 8:30pm-11pm. It costs $5 and will be on the west practice field.
4) Several of our students won certificates and trophies at the 2018 Utah High School Future of Journalism Awards on Saturday. Our students took home 8 awards in 7 different categories this year. Awards were given to: Tristen Noble, Nicholas Kretschmer, Maria Lamilla (see photo # 1), Hans Magleby (see photo #2), Easton Parkhurst and Dakota Burningham. The entire Bruin Post staff took 3rd for best newspaper design overall, and MVTV took 3rd overall for best video production. Nice job Bruins!!
5) Graduating seniors your google accounts (gmail, docs, etc..) will become inactive at the end of June. If you want to keep any content from these accounts, you will need to transfer your documents to a personal account. A quick and easy way of doing this would be with Google Takeout: https://takeout.google.com/
6) Celebrate your student’s success and show your school pride. Bruin gear on sale for a limited time only! Order a Senior Send Off pack for $25 or a School Spirit pack for $20. See attached flyer or order on the MVHS site.
May 28 No School, Memorial Day
May 29 Finals A4, B4
May 29 Yearbook Distribution 11:30
May 30 Senior Sendoff Assembly 8:00 AM
May 30 Graduation at BYU – Marriott Center starts at 7:30 PM
May 31 Who Cares!!!! Woot Woot!!!!
Thank you for your support this year. I have loved working with your students. See you in August.
David H. Smith